Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sheep cookies

Every July my spinning guild has a wonderful pot luck dinner to celebrate the summer and just relax with wonderful people. I usually bring a dessert since I always come straight from work and can never swing home before the dinner. This year I wanted to make sheep cookies from the cookie cutter Scott gave me for my birthday. I always use Alton Brown’s sugar cookie recipe for any cookie I want to roll out. I find that his cookie holds the shape well and is easily amended. I make linzer tarts out of this recipe and add lime zest to pair with the raspberry jam. For these I added a teaspoon of vanilla.

I outline the cookie with some icing, I used Sugar Cookie Frosting from i am baker and americolor food coloring.

Sheep Cookie

Then I flood the cookie.

Sheep Cookie

Add the lighter color.

Sheep Cookie

Then add details.

Sheep Cookie

Sheep Cookie

They were a huge hit at the dinner.


Liz said...

Yes they were and they were delicious!

Julie said...

Those cookies are amazing!! I'm so impressed, they are super cute.

Hot Pink Socks said...

So Cute!