Thursday, July 03, 2008

More baby knitting

These past months I have hit a rut with my knitting. I primarily knitted gifts for babies that I felt a little burned out from deadline knitting. In addition to the deadlines the heat has been a bit unbearable for me so the idea of curling up with a pile of wool made me gag. Here are the results from the latest baby shower:
Elijah 2.0

A cousin, although distantly related, is dearer to me than my first cousins, and his wife are expecting their first child, a boy. After just finishing my first Elijah, I thought that he would look so sweet in gray with little blue feet. I came upon this idea while searching Ravelry when I saw that someone else had added color to the feet and ears. I used Caron Simply Soft in Gray and left over Bernat Softee Baby in Pale blue. I didn’t change color until two rows after the purl row so that way there would be a nice clean edge.

I also gave her a mommy and baby bath basket that while beautiful was missing something. In came Grrr:
Double Grrr
Grrr

These were so quick and fun to knit that I finished knitting one on the ride home from Oswego. I used Lily’s Sugar and Cream Solids in Orange, and Ombres and Prints in Yellow-Orange; for the face I used some DMC embroidery floss in a brown shade (I can’t remember the number). Everything was a huge hit at the shower and I received a lovely thank you note saying that they believe that little baby K will surely love snuggling with Elijah.

Have a happy and safe 4th of July!

No comments: