1. How long have you been spinning? What skill level do you consider yourself?
I’ve been spinning since I bought my first wheel at Rhinebeck this past October.
2. What kinds of yarn do you create (singles/2-ply/3-ply/art yarn)?
I make either 2 ply or 3 ply (Navajo Plied) I cannot stand art yarn because I have no use for it.
3. What do you spin with (spindle/wheel/both)?
I spin on a wheel; I never could quite get the spindle thing down.
4. What are your favorite fibers to spin with? Anything you don't like?
I haven’t been too adventurous yet. I’ve spun Merino, Superwash Merino, Merino/Tencel Blend. I have some BFL and Merino/Tussah but haven’t spun them yet.
5. Who are your favorite crack dealers fiber sources (etsy or otherwise)?
Pigeon Roof Studios, Spunky Eclectic and Funky Carolina are my main places I buy from. I’m still pretty new and haven’t bought too much fiber yet.
6. What kind of fiber do you want to try?
Maybe a merino/bamboo blend, seacell sounds interesting, or a wool/alpaca or exotic fibers like alpaca or cashmere.
7. Is there any techniques you would like to learn?
I’m up for learning anything on a wheel except how to make art yarns.
8. Do you dye fiber? If not, would you like to learn?
I don’t have the room to dye right now, but it would be cool. Maybe some literature about it would be interesting.
9. Do you have fiber prep tools (and like to use them) or would you prefer ready to spin fiber?
Nope, ready to spin is what I’m all about.
10. What do you do with your handspun? What projects have you completed?
I finished a pair of socks from some of my first handspun, and one knee high sock. I’m about to start a shawl for my mom out of my own lace weight.
11. Are you in need of any spinning gadgets (WPI Gauge, threading hook, etc)?
I could use some very fast bobbins for a maple finish Lendrum.
12. What colors "fall into your shopping basket"? Any colors you just can't stand?
I’m really craving greens right now. I always love blues, purples, reds and yellows (maybe not all together) I tend to be drawn to everything but electric colors.
13. What is on your wheel/spindle right now?
Some Funky Caroline superwash.
14. What other crafts/hobbies do you have?
I knit and cross stitch.
15. Other than crafts, what are you passionate about?
16. Do you have an online wishlist?
17. Is there anything that you collect?
Sock yarn and fiber although I don’t have much fiber.
18. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What magazine subscriptions do you have?
The peacock feathers shawl from Fiddlesticks and the Rivendell sock pattern. I don't have any magazine subscriptions.
19. When is your birthday?
20. What book or movie character do you most resemble in personality?
I don’t know.
21. What is the climate like where you live around this time (need to know for careful shipments of anything meltable)?
It is very hot here right now 80s to 90 F.
22. Tell us one weird fact about yourself!
Anything cinnamon, especially red hots and sizzling cinnamon jelly bellies.
Pasta, pound cake and strawberries
Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Wanted, Lilo and Stitch, Romantic Comedies, Action films. I love a little bit of everything.
Lost, Monk, Psych, Law and Order CI, Supernatural, That 70s Show, Heroes, Eureka
Wuthering Heights, Lord of the Rings (all of Tolkien’s books, Harry Potter books, Twilight books, 19th Century literature(preferably British Lit), Arthurian Literature.