Friday, January 18, 2008

And your bird can sing

Mittens seem to be the new socks for 2008, with so many beautiful patterns out there I couldn’t resist. During the artic weather at the beginning of January I began “Bird in Hand” mittens in brown and light blue, my colors or the year. They are a quick knit, I finished them during the Spring like weather that we had a few weeks ago.




Pattern: “Bird in Hand” by Kate Gilbert
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool Merino in “New Denim” and “Taupe”
Needles: Addi Turbos US1
Modifications: I re-charted the thumb to make it smaller and keep the bird.

All I need now is for the weather to get cold enough to wear these warm mittens.

2 comments:

Laurie (Moo!) said...

STUNNING!

Kristy said...

Is the weather cold enough now? :) They're beautiful! I'm sure you're enjoying them!