Thursday, January 10, 2008

Endings and Beginnings

I hope everyone’s holidays were nice. I always hate when they are over because it always seems to go so quickly. My sweetie took some days off and with the holidays he ended up being home for two weeks which is very nice since now he will be working late and the weekends for the next few months. One day right before the artic temperatures hit we went to the Bronx Zoo to try out my brand new Christmas present, a Nikon D40X! The Bronx Zoo is one of my favorite places to go and spend the day, especially on the day we had! We were also able to see the holiday lights which was something neither of us have done.
Zoo Center

Grizzly Bear

Tiger Mountain

I shall lick you

Snow Leopard

The snow leopards are always my favorite.

We were able to take in two shows while on vacation, “Curtains” and “Spring Awakening.” While “Curtains” was a fun who-done-it show, I have to say that “Spring Awakening” was tragically beautiful. It was truly a play way ahead of its time. We also had our first celebrity run in at the show; Eric McCormack from “Will and Grace” was sitting a few rows in front of us with his wife.

And now for some knitting:
Finished in 2007

My 2007 finishes stand as follows:
1 sweater
1 hat
1 little bag
1 cat toy
2 mitts
2 shawls
7 ½ pairs of socks (I included a single sock because that was all I needed to knit for the exchange)
My crafting resolutions next year are to finally finish our honeymoon scarp book and move onto our wedding, finish two cross stitch pieces (one a WIP from 5 year ago), knit the Rockin’ Sock Club 2008 socks when they come, finish a sweater, finish several single socks, knit the ‘Lily of the Valley stole” from “Lace Style,” knit the “Saffron Cables” afghan and become a better spinner. What I would really love to do is be as prolific as Kristy, man she knit a lot this past year!

I would also like to report that my mom loved her endpaper mitts which were finished Christmas Eve night.
Mom's endpaper mitts

Pattern: “Endpaper Mitts”
Yarn: Louet Gems Fingering Wt. in Pewter and Terra Cotta
Needles: Addi Turbos US0 and US1
Started: Late November
Finished: December 24, 2007

I really liked the way that this yarn looks and wears for this pattern; I may knit another pair of these for myself in this yarn.

I hope everyone’s 2008 is a healthy and happy one!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

OMG, I love that first snow leopard photo!

Happy New Year! It looks like you have some great ambitions for 2008. Good luck!

Liz said...

Great pictures! What did you think of Spring Awakening? I haven't been to see a show in so long, I'm in withdrawal. :-(

Here's my website: http://www.hunnyspot.com/index1.htm I'm also on ravelry: Lizhonig. Yeah, very original.

See you next month.