Monday, September 20, 2010

My Craft Room

Ever since we finished our patio and the fixing the garage Scott and I have been looking for a fun home project. What could be more fun than a craft room? The room at the end of the hall was a deep bright blue when we moved in, and a bit overwhelming. That room, with its odd angles and west and north facing windows, doesn’t get too much light and that color was just eating up what light it did get.

painting the ceiling

The color in the photo is pretty true to life, and no Scott is not standing on anything to paint the ceiling, he’s just really tall. We painted the room a nice purple/gray but we were hesitant about covering that blue. We picked a paint and primer in one and it covered the blue pretty well with just one coat. Being that we aren’t professionals we gave it two coats just to make sure all that blue was covered and I think that it looks wonderful! While it was drying, we took a ride out to Ikea to get some cool storage items for all of my yarn and fiber.

After



Scott found this really awesome table that is just perfect for my sewing machine and we also picked up a rug and two lamps that continue the flower theme.



awesome desk!

We moved our old chair and ottoman up from the basement and slip covered it in black and put it by the window. I’m just waiting now to the rest of the curtains to come in, they were back ordered and the room will be complete. I’ve added some Liberty of London for Target bowls in the black flower patterns and might get some matching fabric to make some pillows. I’ve also enlarged a photo I took a few years ago at DC’s Cherry Blossom Festival that looks wonderful in a white frame over my desk. This is now my favorite room in the house!

1 comment:

Julie said...

What a fantastic craft room! I have that exact same rug in my living room- from Ikea. I love Ikea.