Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Ene's Scarf

Last September I was stalking Pigeon Roof Studio's etsy shop trying to score the most beautiful shade of blue silk lace I have ever seen but I was too slow and someone got to it before I could. I emailed Kristy hoping that she maybe had something similar coming up in the next update. Lucky for me the person who purchased the skein I wanted returned it because it wasn't the color she was hoping for. This beauty found a home with me.

Azure

I quickly started Ene's Scarf on very tiny needles, US size 3.

Ene's Scarf


It isn't the largest scarf I have made, but it us just perfect to have peeking out from under a sweater.

point detail

365:342

It is so light and airy, the color is divine. While I love the sheen of silk, I don't think I will be looking to knit with pure silk anytime soon. I don't know what is it about 100% silk but it isn't my favorite to knit with or wear. Maybe I just need something fuzzy mixed in the blend. Live and learn.

Ene's Scarf

Ene's Scarf

I had to rip out the cast on a few times, and once I reached the body the pattern did become a bit repetitive but the result is just lovely. I started it back in September of '08 and finished it in July of '09, it took so long because of the accident not because I didn't enjoy this project.

No comments: