Saturday, May 10, 2008

Gray Morning

For some reason I haven't been blogging about my WIPS, so I'm going to change that. After a particularly bad week at work I decided to cast on for two new projects:
Elijah 2.0
Another cousin of mine and his wife are expecting their first child, a baby boy, and the shower is in a few weeks so Elijah to the rescue! This time I'm knitting him in a worsted weight to make a large size elephant. I think that he would look really cute with some blue on his feet.

I also ordered some Malabrigo Worsted in Polar Morn after seeing Craftaholic's version of the Retro Redux Shrug.
Malabrigo
Retro Redux Shrug
Retro
I am lengthening the arms and praying that this will be flattering. I'm a bit worried that this shrug may not be flattering with my large chest, but maybe I can tweek it so it won't look horrible. I'm seeming as I go so I can try it on and make judgement calls as I knit. I love this pattern, it is so simple to memorize and knit on the go. I cannot say enough about the yarn, I love how soft this is to knit with like fuzz on my kitty's bellies.

No comments: