Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Socks Swaps

Can anyone tell me where the hell October went?! Socktoberfest is almost over; I will be taking full advantage of the last few witching hours left in attempt to finish a sock. Meanwhile there have been some finishes over here just in time for the deadlines. I finally finished a pair of socks that needs to be in the mail today. I do not want to show them just yet since this pal is not so secret and might take a peek before they reach her door. I had a lot of fun putting together this Hogwarts Sock Swap package for her and I hope she enjoys it as much as I did. She already sent my package ahead of the deadline so imagine my surprise when I came home one night and my sweetie says that I have a really cool package waiting for me!
DSC03816.JPG
DSC03815.JPG
Really cool indeed! I am keeping this box because it is so pretty.
DSC03818.JPG
Inside was some Burt’s Bee’s Wax hand cream, cinnamon red hots (which are gone), some yummy tea (also gone), Knit Picks Harmony DPNS in US1(now my new favorite needles because they are so smooth and pointy), beautiful stitch markers (I forgot to take a picture) some Gypsy Knits yarn( I want to say it is “Parti Gras”):
DSC03962.JPG

and some wonderful socks!
DSC03943.JPG
These are “Aurelia Socks” by Elizabeth Manning in Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome “Wild Cherry.” I am in love! She has better pictures of these on her Ravelry site.

I have discovered a new yarn that I absolutely love; these socks are going to be hard to send to my friend.
Drunken Bees
This single sock is “Drunken Bees” in Yarn Nerd’s 900 MHz sock yarn “Red Wine.” After I washed this sock the already soft yarn softened up even more, I think that my next project will have to be a pair of socks out of the “Pine Green” I have in the stash. I hope my friend has just as much fun knitting the mate to this sock as I did.

1 comment:

peaknits said...

I saw your finished drunken bee over at your "pal's" blog - wow - they are gorgeous! I would love a list of all of the "single socks" people made in this swap - as each pattern is so incredible!