Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Where is (s)he? Getting dizzy.

I never meant to be away from the blog this long, but there has been some crazy stuff going on here. As I try to catch up I offer you this:

DSC03679.JPG
DSC03680.JPG

A Woodin from Knitty.com stuffed with catnip for this effect:

DSC03674.JPG
DSC03683.JPG
DSC03681.JPG

I think she likes him because every so often I find him in another room, or in our bed. It was a really quick little project and I finished in a few hours and hand felted. However I feel the best way to felt this little guy is demonstrated by Nemo in those pictures. I used some Patons Merino yarn and left over Cascade 220 from Rogue.

Ravelry is making me realize that there are a few FO that I’ve never blogged about. This is one of the few crochet projects that I’ve done:
DSC02980.JPG

This is the Galaxy Afghan made from Caron Simply Soft. As you can see these little guys have claimed it for their own.

DSC00958.JPG

DSC00965.JPG

I’ve wanted to start another blanket for some time now and have had my eye on the Sampler Afghan from Cables Untangled. However I am starting to worry that the panels may not line up right and I will be unhappy with the look of the blanket. So my attention has turned towards Saffron Cables from the fall 2006 Interweave Knits. I’ve been sitting on my 10% off coupon from Blue Moon all year with the idea of using it for a blanket. However I am now having second thoughts about using STR heavy weight in Midsummers Night. I don’t think that I’ll be able to get gauge and the blanket will be too small. Blue Moon has a yarn called Peru that seems like it will provide the right gauge but I’m not sure how it will stand up. I also wanted a yarn that I can throw into the washing machine(on delicate) because I refuse to have blankets dry cleaned.

So here are some questions for everyone:
1.How do you clean your hand knitted blankets?
2.What pattern do you think I should knit?
3.What do you think the best yarn to use would be?

Thank you all in advance for your input.
~C

No comments: