Wednesday, August 29, 2007

She’s in love… She’s got a new man… Well no… What’s his name?

Before we went down to DC I went to the Spinning Study Group of Long Island to see if spinning is really something I would like to try. A few months ago I bought a spindle and have been playing around with it (I know I’m a bad blogger I should have blogged about this a while ago) but I wasn’t sure if I had the hang of it. Well I met Ann there and she let me try her Lendrum double treadle wheel with a WooLee winder… I’m in love. I just could not believe how much fun I was having working on that wheel. So I’m starting to put some money away little by little and hopefully should have a wheel by my birthday. I still need to clear out a spot for it in the apartment and show my sweetie that it really won’t take up too much room in our already overcrowded one bedroom apartment.

On the way to and from DC I finished this
DSC03415.JPG
Waving Lace socks by Evelyn A. Clark from Favorite Socks in Panda Wool Rosewater. I was originally knitting this sock in STR “Queen Rock” but the yarn was a little too busy for the pattern. I think Queen Rock would look better as “Summer of Love Lace” the new pattern from the Rockin Sock Club.

This year I have been really slacking on knitting the sock club shipments. Last year I finished all the socks in the patterns they came with before the new year started. This year I haven’t finished a single one! This month’s shipment (don't click if you want to be surprised) looks more suited for Monkeys. Firebird is destined for Fawkes; Inside outs in Monsoon are hibernating for a little while and I think that I will make a shawl from Walking on the Wild Tide. I think that I will have enough to knit Elann's Luna Moth Shawl.

I have a FO to show off tomorrow when it dries and some sweater progress to report.
Ps. Don’t worry those finger prints on the wall is just paint.
Pps. I’m trying to see how long I can keep up using Rent lyrics as titles for my posts.

1 comment:

Macoco said...

Your sock is beautiful, I really want to get that book!