Thursday, July 12, 2007

Look a FO!

Sorry I’ve been MIA, things have been chaotic around here. I haven’t had a weekend off in a long time, which means some weeks I’ve been working six days straight. Thankfully I will have the all important July 21st weekend off. I also have been sucked into Ravelry.com, my invite came a few weeks ago and I am in love. Now I will be documenting my projects more, especially since I have a place to store all of my notes. There has been a FO and some sewing:

DSC02867

DSC02869

Pattern: Geometric Accessory Bags from One Skein
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock lightweight in “Lapis” left over from my jaywalkers.
Hook: 3.75 mm (F)

This was such a quick project; I finished crocheting it in two days while watching some evening television. There wasn’t enough yarn so I had to do one less row than the pattern calls for and with my tighter gauge this little bag measures less than the 5” it should. I found some pretty fabric at Joann’s and a 7” zipper that matches the blue part of the yarn pretty well. This is my first hand sewing project and I just winged the whole thing but I am happy with the way it came out. It is just large enough to hold my stitch markers and sheep tape measure.

DSC02868
He looks happy in his new home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little case! Hope things slow down for you some so that you don't get stressed out or anything like that. Hope you have a great weekend!

Sockapalooza pal

Kristy said...

Cute! I've always liked these in the One Skein book, but I haven't wanted to learn how to crochet just to make one :)

Macoco said...

The bag look so good! I love the picture of the little sheep in there. He looks like he's up to no good!