Thursday, February 23, 2006

Oh, say can you see..

I know that I haven’t been around lately and I regret that; however I am pleased to announce that I have finished my Olympic knitting! Unfortunately I had to make a switch in project since I found that mohair makes my hands itch terribly. So instead of knitting Branching Out I discovered that I had a skein of merino wool just perfect for Knitty’s Shedir. Pictures to come at a later time. The day after I finished knitting it the weather took a turn towards the mild side and I have been unable to really get any use out of this beautiful hat. I still have hope that there may be a winter yet for Long Island. I also finished my socks. Socks that rock…they sure do! I have already started another pair in Lapis which I believe is my new favorite color. It reminds me of Monet’s water lilies when wound in a ball but knitted up there is this interesting spiral like strip going on. I wonder what will happen when I turn the heel.

There is quite a humorous story for the reason that I haven’t been around lately but I will save that for another day since it will most likely be a long post. Exciting news is that my sweetie and I will be moving into an apartment together very soon. We are thinking the end of March. It is making me a bit nervous because we need to purchase almost everything! Yet at the same time it is so exciting to be on our own.

Good luck to all those still finishing their Olympic knitting and a big congrats to all those who have finished.
-Christine

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love all the STR that you got :) Your blog is looking great so far! Happy knitting and stitching!