Thursday, December 29, 2011

Summer Shawls

This summer I knit two beautiful shawls that have made their way heavily into my wardrobe rotation. The first one is Andrea’s Shawl from Through the Loops knit in a mystery fiber and a merino/seawool blend from Frabjous Fibers. I love how the colors play off one another; I do however wish it came out bigger. It was completely my fault since I neglected to swatch and read the pattern specs. It is still a lovely size to wrap around my neck and add a little extra pop of color to my outfit.
Andrea's Shawl
Andrea's Shawl

The second shawl which felt like it took forever was Citron. I added many more sections than the pattern called for since I was looking to use up almost all my yarn for this. I made the ruffle section a bit longer also. I love how this came out! This is such a lovely pattern that will showcase any handspun yarn beautifully. Fair warning though, this project is a bit boring with all those stockinette rows.
Citron
Citron

No comments: