Saturday, March 05, 2011

Winter Blues

Blah! I’m still in kind of a knitting slump and I blame the weather and the series of books I’ve been reading. Every spare moment at night I’ve been reading, I’ve devoured the Mortal Instruments series and am almost through Clockwork Angel. I did manage to finish one little cowl that will be nice if the temperature ever reach above freezing. I have been searching for a perfect color for the tilting tardis cowl for a while now. Back in July I thought I had the perfect yarn in my stash, but it turned out that it was much too scratchy to wear next to my neck. I then stumbled onto a skein of Malabrigo lace in ‘Azul Bolita’ that was the perfect softness and color.


DSC_0268

I’m pretty happy how it came out, but I do believe that this will be the last time I work with Malabrigo lace. I’m not happy with how the yarn felted as I worked. I did find great buttons; I love them so much that I bought the larger size for my Moonstruck sweater.

Moonstruck

I’m nearly done with the sweater, but with all sweaters, I’m terrified that the finish product will dissapoint! People who have knit this sweater have said that it is a bit shorter than it appears in the pattern photo so I want to add a bit of length, however my gauge was really off and I had to go up a size in the pattern and I’m a bit worried that I’ll run out of yarn. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

juicyknits said...

That cowl looks amazing. I even went over to Ravelry to look up the pattern. Wow, and your chosen colour is so intense and rich. Love it.