Friday, May 28, 2010

Maplewing

The year is nearly halfway over and I am falling behind on the 10 in 10 challenge. Back in March I completed my second shawl of the year, Maplewing by Anne Hanson. I used Pigeonroof Studios Baby Alpaca/Silk/Cashmere Laceweight in ‘Amazon.’

Maplewing

I have never knit with yarn so light, and soft before, it was an absoluet dream to knit with! The end results are so stunning, so airy, and completely perfect for this shawl. The color is amazin also, just enough varigation to make it interesting but not enough to distract from the pattern.

Maplewing

I have another skien of this yarn in ‘Bianca’ that will become the Desdemona Shawl.

2 comments:

Julie said...

it looks so gorgeous!! I love that rich green shade.

Julie said...

wow, it's so gorgeous!! I love that colour, too.