Last February I spun this:
One month later, I began the Aeolian Shawl from Knitty.com. I beaded it the way the pattern calls for, but couldn’t stand how tedious it became, so I thought that it would look just as lovely with the beads on the bottom part of the shawl. It came with me to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC, it was a wonderful car project, easily memorized. I stopped just after the leaves, and it sat in a pile of other cast away knits. I didn’t like the beads I bought, the yarn was striping and the leaves were being over powered. I knew that it was going to the frog pond, but I just couldn’t bring myself to rip it out. As I was packing up my yarn to move I came across the doomed shawl and fell in love with the yarn once again. I had been drooling over the Bitterroot shawl and knew that this would look wonderful in my handspun. I ripped the shawl, wound the yarn and set it aside for the Winter Knitting Olympics.
As the torch was being lit, I cast on with hopes of finishing a beautiful shawl by the end of the games. I had always intended on knitting the larger size but was not aware that there was a correction to the amount of yarn needed for the larger size. I found myself short 100 yards but still wanted to do the four beaded leaf section that the large shawl has. I altered the pattern a bit by knitting to row 8 of chart E and then changing the first row on chart F to be a yarn over then a k2tog at the beginning and then at the end k2tog and a yarn over so that way the design flows right into chart F.
I am extremely happy with the results and I finished knitting and blocking the shawl on the 23, five days before the flame was extinguished.