Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Learning Curve

I just wanted to say that I love my wheel! When I get a few hours here and there I drag it out and spin until my heart is content or I have to go to bed. This past week I spun up some fiber I bought from the store is Sayville and tried plying once more. I’m quite happy with the results and improvement from my last attempt.
Hand Spun
(Penny for scale)
DSC03996.JPG

I have about 140yds of New Zealand and domestic wool in “apricot.” I’ve been thinking about combining this with some blue yarn to knit a scarf or a hat or something for hubby (I think I need to go back and buy some more roving) however he said “that yarn smells like sheep!” Notice that he called it yarn (YAY I made yarn!). I soaked the offending yarn in hot water with dishwashing soap multiple times and it still has the light scent of sheep. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the sheep smell out?

Just because she’s under represented on the blog, here’s Nemo.

Nemo

No comments: