Monday, August 13, 2007

Look its Santa Claus

When I came home from work today there were multiple packages waiting for me! The most important package was the one from my Sockapalooza Pal Shelly. DSC02952.JPG

It came all the way from Canada and look how she decorated the package. This little kitty sticker looks a lot like my little Stitch, especially the way that she has been sleeping in the heat.
DSC02953.JPG

Here’s what I found inside:
DSC02954.JPG

DSC02957.JPG
DSC02964
Pattern: Yarn Over Cable
Yarn: Paton’s Kroy
They are awesome and fit like a dream. I round up my foot measurement because I wanted to make sure that my toes had a little room and they do. These socks are perfect.

Shelly also included stitch markers she made herself.
DSC02956.JPG
They are beautiful.

She also included two skeins of yarn that she was originally going to use but realized that she needed another skein and was afraid that she wouldn’t get it in time.
DSC02978.JPG

I’m excited to use this yarn, I’ve never knit with bamboo. The color screams something lacey, maybe Meida’s Socks. This was my first Sockapalooza and I have enjoyed every minute of it I can’t wait for the next one. Thank you so much Shelly for making this a great exchange. Everyone please go over to Shelly and wish her luck in Korea where she will be teaching for a year. Good Luck to you Shelly!

Ps. Luanne received her package, I’m so glad that they fit her.

5 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

So glad they fit, and that you like them! The pattern was great to knit and easily memorized. I'll have to make myself a pair of socks with this pattern too.

Macoco said...

Wow the bamboo yarn is so pretty and the socks and stitch markers are fabulous!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Here is the link to where I got the Panda wool from:

http://www.littleknits.com/products.php?cat=426

Right now it appears they are having a bit of a sale as it is marked down 15%.

Christy said...

Ooo so pretty. I'm itching for my Sockapalooza socks. My pal let me know they were going to be late, so I'm going to be patient ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Christine. It's Liz from the spin guild. What a great little gift package. I especially like the pink bamboo yarn. So pretty.

I wonder how many notice that three of your posts use lines from Rent. Hmm, it's the theatre nerd in me, I guess. ;-)

See you next month.