Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Connection- in an isolating age

I’m still on my little high from seeing Rent the other night. My being smitten with Adam Pascal is an understatement. I could not believe how close we were and how amazing the show was.

I finished my Sockapalooza socks and will be shipping them later today. Working two jobs (I never mention that during the spring I picked up a second job in another library) makes it hard to get to places that close by 5pm. Since I knew that I wasn’t going to make it to the post office on the official sent out date, I made some stitch markers for my pal. I hope she likes everything, she wanted something short and lacey and this pattern just screamed to be made.
DSC02919

DSC02920

Pattern: Meida’s Socks from Favorite socks
Yarn: Lorna’s Laces in “China Blue”
Needles: Addi Turbos in US1
Modifications: Since I used a lighter weight yarn than the pattern calls for I only decreased to 18 sts which makes it even with the lace design. Otherwise I followed the chart which as Grumperina pointed out creates left cross cable instead of a right cross cable.

Here’s a close up of the stitch markers I made for my pal:
DSC02929

DSC02928

Everything is packed and ready to fly its way off to my pal. I hope she enjoys the package.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

It looks like a great package! I'm sure she'll love it.